WordPress is just the right platform to accomplish all of those goals:
- It’s built with SEO in mind, which helps your business show up in search engine results
- It features thousands of highly-customizable themes that can be tailored to suit your brand
- Once a site is completed, basic tasks like adding new content and blogging can be learned by just about anyone – saving you thousands on routine site updates
We begin each project by developing a deep understanding of the your business objectives, and the needs of your audience. We’ll do this through a discovery phase which involves research and analysis of your market and competitors, along with interviewing business stakeholders.
WordPress Theme Selection
Once we have a solid understanding of your business, we’ll start sketching how customer journeys will look on your site. We’ll begin researching the WordPress themes that best fit our sketches and your design preferences.
We prefer to customize existing WordPress themes over creating from scratch – it saves us time and you money. With thousands of different themes to choose from, and numerous responsive frameworks available, a completely custom, from-scratch website design can become a costly exercise that most small businesses prefer to avoid. However, if you have more advanced business needs that require a fully customized site, we’re happy to help with that, too.
WordPress Website Development
During the development phase, we will customize the chosen theme to meet the agreed upon design and develop the site content. Basic SEO metadata will be added to all content. Necessary plugins will be installed and configured. Toward the end of the development phase we will demo the site with you and hammer out any final details prior to launch.
Website Launch and WordPress Training
As we near the end of the Development phase we will train your team to manage users, set permissions and publish content via the WordPress admin. We’ll also provide a guide to the different modules and plugins that the implementation uses.
We will also work with you to identify and resolve any remaining bugs. WordPress training can be done in person or via video conference.
WordPress Website Design Packages
Not all businesses are the same, and not every website should be the same. We bring a tailored approach to each website project we take on. But, when it comes to determining cost, we’ve found that in most cases, predefined packages work well both for us, and our clients. See below for what is and isn’t included in each package.
Basic SEO includes the following:
- Installation & configuration of the Yoast SEO Plugin
- Google Analytics installation
- Google Search Console setup, verification, and site submission to Google
- Descriptive Meta Titles and Meta Descriptions for each page
Standard SEO includes Basic SEO plus:
- Google Tag Manager installation
- Contact form tracking
- Keyword research
- Keyword-optimized Meta Titles & Meta Descriptions for each page
- Google My Business setup & verification
What’s included in the above packages?
Factored into the cost of our WordPress website design packages are:
- Initial consultation
- Project management and a detailed project brief
- Communications – including regular meetings during the course of the project for feedback, revisions, and progress updates
- Basic image editing to ensure that visuals are optimized for WordPress
- Basic copy editing
- Consultation on purchasing a domain name and selecting a web host
What’s not included?
There are some important exclusions to note that are not included in the pricing above:
- The cost of a domain name
- The cost of hosting
- Creation of website copy (we can do this, but it costs extra)
- Graphic design, except where specifically noted
Payments are made on a Milestone basis, and the cost is divided evenly by the number of Milestones. Most projects consist of 3 Milestones – Kickoff, 50% Progress, and Completion. Longer projects may entail more Milestones, and thus have their cost spread out further.